Budva, Montenegro, June 8-11, 2020
[Topics] [Submission] [Deadlines] [Venue] [Registration] [Accomodation and Transport]
Contemporary Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are smart compound systems engineered through seamless integration of embedded information processing sub-systems and physical sub-systems. The modern smart collaborating CPS, that started to form the Cyber-Physical Systems of Systems (CPSoS) and Internet of Things (IoT), have important applications in virtually all economic and social segments, and their huge economic and societal impact rapidly increases. The CPS and IoT area undergoes a revolutionary development.
CPS&IoT’2020 Conference addresses all aspects of CPS and IoT, as well as related applications, specification, analysis, validation, architectures, technology, hardware, software, design and development methodology, and design automation tools. It includes a strong keynote programme by outstanding professionals from industry and academia. It gives an excellent opportunity to disseminate, publish and discuss fresh research results from international, European, and other R&D projects. It is indexed in all the main Databases or Digital Libraries as IEEE xPlore, SCOPUS, WoS, etc. Selected conference papers will be invited for publication as extended journal papers in the journal Microprocessors and Microsystems, operated by our strategic partners EUROMICRO and Elsevier. CPS&IoT’2020 Conference together with CPS&IoT’2020 Summer School constitute a premier Europe based conference event in CPS and IoT.
Its target participants are industrial and academic researchers, developers, engineers and decision-makers; academic teachers, Ph.D. and M.Sc. students; entrepreneurs, investors, research funding agents, and policy makers; and other participants who want to discuss or learn the CPS and IoT engineering.
CPS&IoT’2020 Conference builds on the success the series of seven EUROMICRO/IEEE Workshops on Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems (ECYPS) and eight Mediterranean Conferences on Embedded Computing (MECO), as well as, of the very successful CPS&IoT’2019 Summer School. It will be collocated with CPS&IoT’2020 Summer School and MECO’2020 Conference.
Topics of CPS&IoT’2020. You are encouraged to submit papers on all aspects of CPS and IoT, as well as related applications, architectures, enabling technologies, hardware, software, specification, analysis, validation, design and development methodologies, and design automation tools, that address, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- green CPS and IoT
- secure, safe and dependable CPS and IoT
- self-aware, learning and adapting autonomous CPS and IoT
- effective and efficient CPS and IoT, and savings due to use of CPS and IoT
enabling technologies for CPS and IoT:
- energy-efficient high-performance computing platforms (advanced multi-/many-core processors, MPSoCs, SiPs, 3D-SOCs/ SiPs/PoPs, FPGAs) for CPS and IoT
- neuromorphic, in-memory, near-memory, and approximate computing for CPS and IoT
- development methodology, development platforms and automated tools for CPS, IoT, and for high-performance energy-efficient safe, secure and reliable embedded systems, hardware and software
- (smart) sensors, actuators and MEMS for CPS and IoT
- energy harvesting for CPS and IoT
- (big) data acquisition, storage, fusion, analysis, processing and management for CPS & IoT
mobile) vision, signal processing, (deep) learning and other AI for CPS and IoT
- safety, security, privacy, reliability and certification of complex heterogeneous networked systems
- multi-domain modelling, analysis, synthesis, simulation, integration, testing and validation of complex heterogeneous networked systems
- multi-objective and multi-domain co-design, trade-off exploitation and optimization of complex heterogeneous networked systems accounting for energy, performance, safety, security, reliability, etc.
- mobile, autonomous, wearable and implantable systems:
- computing platforms, development platforms and automated design tools for high-performance energy-efficient mobile, autonomous, wearable and implantable systems
- development, run-time management and control of self-aware, self-managing, learning and adapting mobile, wearable and autonomous systems
- AI-enabled mobile, wearable and autonomous systems
- energy-efficient sub-system arrangement, storage, communication and processing for big data from multiple complex sensors and other systems
- application/software modelling, analysis, parallelization and mapping for high-performance and low-energy embedded computing on massively-parallel (heterogeneous) computing platforms
- distribution of resources and computations in cloud, fog and edge computing for mobile, wearable and autonomous systems
- communication and collaboration of mobile, autonomous and wearable systems
cloud, fog, dew and edge computing in CPS and IoT:
- distribution of information and computations for CPS in cloud, fog, dew and edge computing accounting for real-time availability of information, guaranteed real-time reaction, security, safety, reliability, minimization of communication traffic, energy consumption, etc.
- edge computing in IoT for complex and demanding CPS applications
- advanced (heterogeneous) massively-parallel processor and MPSoC architectures for high-performance and energy-efficient edge computing
- real-time guarantees, security, safety and reliability of edge computing implemented with (heterogeneous) massively-parallel processor and MPSoC architectures
- multi-objective management of parallel applications in embedded multi- and many-core systems, FPGA-based systems and heterogeneous MPSoCs of edge computing
coordinated edge, dew, fog and cloud computing for high-performance, energy-efficiency, and guaranteed real-time, security, safety and reliability run-time management and control of coordinated edge, dew, fog and cloud computing
CPS and IoT applications, deployment, experiments and case studies in all application areas:
• smart environment, cities, industry, agriculture, energy and transportation
• automotive, aerospace, aviation
• healthcare, personal assistance, consumer appliances, communications
• industrial, agricultural and leaving-space automation, control, robotics, tele-operation
• environmental, infrastructure and safety monitoring and control, etc.
CPS and IoT environmental, economic and social impact
CPS, IoT and embedded systems education.
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit full-length, four-page papers, strictly according to the IEEE Conference Standards and via EasyChair web-site:
- CPS&IoT’2020 paper templates [word, latex]
- Link to EasyChair submission web-site of CPS&IoT’2020 Conference
Paper submission deadline: 31 January, 2020
Acceptance notification: 28 February, 2020
Final paper submission and author registration deadline: 15 March 2020
Regular registration deadline: 10 May, 2020
The cental conference venue is Hotel Budva*****, Budva, Montenegro. Budva is a 3500 years old town located at the Adriatic Sea coast of Montenegro. It is a popular touristic destination, with its charming Old Town, beautiful natural environment, 35 clean sandy beaches, and proximity to many famous touristic attractions as Kotor, Boka Kotorska, Sveti Stefan, Dubrovnik, and several national parks. It is an excellent place to have the summer school and conference in a relaxed and friendly atmospheer.
For accomodation Hotel Budva***** and Hotel Slovenska Plaza**** are advised, but there are many other accommodation possibilities in Budva. For full list of accomodations, prices and reservation form pls refer to... Budva is very well accessible by plane. Podgorica Airport is about 65 km from Budva and it receives regular flights from Vienna, Paris, Rome, Zürich, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Ljubljana, Belgrade, and Instanbul, while Tivat Airport (about 20km from Budva) and Dubrovnik Airport (65km from Budva) are very frequent vacation and charter flight destinations during the spring and summer time. The best way to transfer from airport to conference venue is to order taxi. Conference has a special contract with taxi companies which provide transports in good prices (Podgorica-Budva 30-35 EUR per car, Tivat-Budva 20-25 EUR per car, Dubrovnik - Budva 60-70 EUR per car). The email for taxi from Podgorica airport is firstname.lastname@example.org . Pls. mention MECO 2020 Conference. From Dubrovnik pls contact conference organiser. Of course you can use bus transfers.